Things to do
Do as much or as little as you like in Coolum. Bask in the natural beauty of this charming town by exploring beaches and parks. Or take a scenic drive around the surrounding areas. Dine at one of the many cafes and restaurants.
For the avid sportsman, there is golf, fishing, bushwalking and surfing to name a few. Immerse yourself in the colorful selection of shopping choices that are mostly home grown and locally produced. Coolum offers a multitude of opportunities for you to enjoy your stay.
- Enjoy the wide open beaches that offer awesome surf breaks despite any weather condition. The surf beaches are fully patrolled all year long and are a perfect location to go with the family to enjoy some sun and fun!
- Land on a Coolum beach by skydiving with SkyDive Ramblers and be mesmerized by the breath taking views during the 20 minute jump.
- Choose a tranquil alternative to the abundance of beaches by visiting the rocky headlands of Point Perry and Point Arkwright. Enjoy wide angle views of other headlands on the viewing platforms where you can see birds feeding over a school of fish, surfers hitting the swell, impressive waves crashing into the rocky outcrops and if your lucky, you can see whales passing by.
- Although it's not in Coolum, the convenient location of the town allows you to visit Australia Zoo, The Big Pineapple and The Ginger Factory with little effort. They are the perfect destinations for families and offer an educational yet adventurous experience!
- Mount Coolum defines the town with it's majestic presence. The landmark feature is a huge attraction to visitors and locals alike and offers stunning views.
- You can experience the ultimate golfing holiday either within Coolum or in it's surrounding areas. If your a lover of the game, stay at the golf club that provides accommodation including the Palmer Coolum Resort, Twin Waters Golf Course and Mount Coolum Golf Club. As well as this, you can have a swing at Noosa Springs and Pelican Waters.
- Coolum hosts a number of events annually including the National Surfboat Series, Nutri Grain Iron Man Series, Australia PGA Golf Championship and IGA Coolum Kite Festival.
- With marvelous natural landscapes and a good climate all year round, Coolum is an ideal place to hold a wedding. Coolum has everything you need to make your dream wedding come true including wedding facilities, wedding coordinators, wedding cakes, wedding photographers, day spa treatments, hair and beauty facilities as well as florists.
- Coolum is your classic coastal town that offers a vibrant mix of mouth-watering cuisine in a variety of dining categories including takeaway, cafes, wine bars, patisseries, delicatessens and restaurants. Enjoy the culinary delights of each and every one of these dining experiences that are usually locally owned and operated. Most of the produce are fresh and high quality vegtables, fruit and meat from around the region.
- Want to truly relax and unwind? Visit one of Coolum's spas, especiallly The Spa at Palmer Coolum Resort. Or if you are looking for a mobile service, contact the In House Spa and beauty Treatment who specialize in hair and beauty.
Get a cut, perm or whatever you desire without even venturing beyond your room and indulge in a facial, eye lash tint, waxes, wraps, massages, deluxe pedicures and manicures and many more! If you want a truly relaxing and rejuvanating experience, The Spa at Palmer Coolum Resort offers a tranquil environment that has been designed and decorated to coincide with the peaceful ambience.
With 18 treatment rooms and facilities that include 25 metre lap pool, aqua aerobics pool, indoor and outdoor relaxation areas, outdoor unisex spa, outside access to pools, mens' and ladies' lounge with steam, sauna and relaxation lounge, you will have an unforgettable and well deserved pampering session.
- For those who like playing a game of sport and are keen to keep fit, Coolum has a range of sporting clubs and activities you can participate in such as cricket, skating, netball, moto cross, surfing, lawn bowls, sky diving and football.