Discover the true meaning of tranquillity as you leisurely paddle down crystal-clear waters. With no sound except the chirp of local birds, surrounded by pristine natural surroundings. Kayak Noosa, with its breathtaking waters, offers numerous ideal spots for a memorable kayaking and canoeing experience. Book guided kayak tours or hire kayaks and make your own way through the ocean or the river, experiencing picturesque scenery and magnificent flora and fauna.
Kayak Noosa River and Waterways
The smooth, protected waterways of the Noosa River provide a pleasant and relaxed atmosphere for kayaking and canoeing. Enjoy the beautiful backdrop as you explore mangroves, rich with local wildlife. Why not join a sunset river tour to make the most of one of Noosa’s gorgeous sunsets? Otherwise, wake up early and paddle down the river. When the sun comes up, and native birds fill the air with their morning song, the river awakens for the day. Few things are worth getting out of bed at 4:30 am for (especially on holiday), but this is definitely one of them.
Noosa Everglade Kayak, experience a subtropical treasure
Noosa is lucky enough to have one of only two Everglades on earth. It provides an ideal place to go kayaking or canoeing. The Everglades are known as “the River of Mirrors” because of the incredible reflections on the water. It is also one of Australia’s most diverse ecosystems, home to over 40% of its bird species. Paddle through this serene world of water, wilderness, and outstanding natural beauty for a truly spectacular experience.
Locations for Noosa Ocean Kayaking
Kayaking and canoeing aren’t confined to the river; you can also venture into the inviting, warm Pacific Ocean if you choose your spot wisely.
Double Island Point is an exquisite option for kayaking and canoeing area. It is only accessible by 4WD; however, local tour companies provide trips here if you don’t have access to one. As you venture through the tropical waters, it’s common to see pods of bottlenose dolphins, turtles, rays, and humpback whales during winter. Kayakers can also paddle along the delightful coastline of Noosa National Park to Laguna Bay, which provides another opportunity to spot dolphins as you explore.
Take a Tour to Kayak Noosa
For those eager to experience the joys of kayaking in Noosa, there are several excellent options available:
- Kanu Kapers Australia: Known for its sustainable guided and self-guided kayak adventures into the Noosa Everglades. They offer a range of tours, including a three-day self-guided kayak tour. More information can be found on their website www.kanukapersaustralia.com.
- Eco Noosa River Adventures: This company offers kayak hire services with options ranging from single to double kayaks, suitable for durations from an hour to a full day. They provide all necessary equipment and safety briefings. Visit their website econoosa.com.au for more details.
- Epic Ocean Adventures: They offer a unique Dolphin Sea Kayak Tour Adventure in the Great Sandy Marine Park at Noosa North Shore’s Double Island Point. This tour includes wildlife spotting opportunities and is accessible via 4X4 vehicles. Find out more at www.epicoceanadventures.com.au.
- Kayak Noosa: Located at Little Cove Court, they provide thrilling kayak tours and hire services, including river or ocean paddling and kayak sailing in the Noosa region. Their website kayaknoosa.com provides more information on their offerings.
- Terrace Marina: Besides kayaks, they also offer boat, jet ski, and SUP hire. It’s a great choice for those looking to explore the Noosa River at their own pace. For more details, visit terracemarina.com.au.
Each of these companies offers a unique way to experience the natural beauty of Noosa, whether you’re looking for a guided tour or prefer to explore on your own.